I wanted to share a small victory that happened last night. Keep in mind I have been avoiding eating out because I have NEVER been able to stay in control. I would go with good intentions but when the waitress would ask what I wanted the total opposite of what I wanted would pop out of my mouth.
So, my family and I went out to a mexican food restaurant for dinner. All the way there my husband and I talked about what we were going to order. We talked about the chips and the salad dressing. So we get there and order fajita salads with the dressing on the side. We ate 3 chips each! That is a record! After the waitress left I realized I forgot to tell her to hold the cheese. So she brings the salads and not only is there a 1/2 lb of cheese (just kidding) on the salad there was also a small cup of queso! So my thoughts went to "Oh, I can remove the grated cheese and eat the queso." Then the Lord spoke and said "NO CHEESE!" So I start trying to plead my case in my head. Then I stopped and said "Lord you are right!" I gave my queso to my daughter and I removed all the cheese from my salad. Then to top it off I was able to eat my salad with NO salad dressing. I was very satisfied and did not miss the dressing at all.
I am excited beyond words that I over came a "Defensive Players-Obstacle!" I was only able to do it because the Lord was speaking to me and I was willing to listen and act! Praise The Lord!
I pray you all will find small victories in your day! God Bless!
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wi-Wi,
I am so proud of you for sticking to your guns when it came to the cheese and queso and also for the "mental rehearsing" you did by planning ahead of time how you were going to handle the situation. It does make it a lot easier when you have planned ahead how to handle the situation and what to order. And its going to be the small victories that will set us free and lead to a BIG victory at Summit next year. You go girl!
3 chips....congratulations!! :)
Your, willingness to say Yes, Lord, will carry you through, thank you for this encouragement to plan ahead and follow through. Your 1st down will happen soon!!!
Post a Comment