Tuesday, August 19, 2008

For nothing is impossible with God. Luke 1:37

I love the sound of the game being played on our blog. I don’t usually have the speakers on but Robert was on the computer earlier and probably left them on. I got excited because it sounds like a great game is going on. I am sure they are moving that ball down the field just like us. GO TEAM!!!

For nothing is impossible with God.Luke 1:37. I like this verse and it applies to us and what we are doing. It might seem like it is impossible, but we have invited God to be a part of this journey and He won’t let us down.

I was reading a book called "Twenty Wishes" by Debbie Macomber. It is about a group of women who get together for a book club every month and they also knit. One of the women decides one night that she is going to start a list of the things she wants to accomplish in the coming year. None of the wishes were all that major but they were all life changing.

I started thinking about us and what kinds of things we want to accomplish in a year. Twenty was a little hard to come up with but here are a few on my list.

1. To be under 200 lbs by the end of the year. I can’t remember the last time I weighed less than 200 lbs. Way too long ago if I can't remember.

2. To jump out of a plane. I am planning this as a celebration when I reach 200 lbs. I figure it has to be safe because you jump with another person and they know what they are doing and are not going to be doing anything to put dangerous.

3. To climb a rock wall. There is a place over on Campbell that has a rock wall. Guess I will have to look into it and see what it is all about.

4. To learn to swim. I have never learned. I am a little bit afraid of the water. Not sure why but maybe something that happened when I was a kid and I just don’t remember it.

5. To shop in the regular section of Macy's or possibly Dillard’s. Can’t remember ever doing this. I shopped in the larger sizes even when I was a kid. I remember that Lane Bryant had a kids section and that was where I went. I had a blue dress with some kind of dog on it and it had a darker blue panty type bottom. Does this tell you how old I was - maybe 4 or possibly 5. Funny how I remember that dress.

6. I want hot pink highlights in my hair. No, not permanent ones but temporary ones. Not too sure how it would go over and work and at Church. Robert doesn’t really care, but you know he does shake his head over some things I want to do and this is one of them. So is the parachute thing. He said he would make sure our insurance was up to date and be on the ground praying for me. Isn’t that sweet.

7. I also want to learn to knit. I think it would be great to knit baby blankets, pray over them and then donate them to the Crisis Pregnancy Center or maybe even Ben Taub or LBJ.

Right now that is all I have on my list. I am sure I can come up with some other things I want to do. We have a whole year to think of and do things.

My week has been ok. Didn’t eat all that well on the weekend but didn’t do all that bad either. Today was a long day. We had something to file with the Court and I was at work till 6:45. We didn't end up filing it because it was going to take way too long. I didn’t get to go and walk. I came home, ate dinner and watched some of the Olympics. I actually got all my milk in today. YEAH FOR ME! I have a hard time with milk. I am tired so I will probably go to bed a little bit early tonight.

1 comment:

truej.o.y. said...

You do have the sweetest husband!

Pink highlights sound fun. I will join you if they last just for the weekend :)

I will be there to see your jump!

You are right and God's Word says it, that settles it. NOTHING is impossible with God!

I believe with you!! Summit Bound...but til then see you at the track Thursday.