Thursday, August 28, 2008

Change

This week has been a little bit rough for me. I am not sleeping at night because I am coughing most of the night. This happened to me about 4 years ago and the doctors really didn’t know what it was. The last diagnosis was acid reflux. I have tried the medications and it has not seemed to help. I have noticed that is a seasonal thing and so I am thinking it is probably an allergy because my eyes are also itchy. I am so tired and feeling so overwhelmed with a lot of things right now. We have case at work that is giving me fits. It has had problems the whole life of the case and now we are getting closer to trial a lot of stuff is going wrong.


Training for the ½ marathon in January is going a little bit slow right now. I am supposed to walk 5 miles on Saturday morning. It is hard because it is so hot and humid right now. I am so ready for that cooler weather. Once the weather cools down it will get a whole lot easier, especially after work. I love walking at Memorial Park because there are so many people and so many different kinds of dogs. Always something to see.

On Monday I got on the scale and it said I weighed 189 lbs. Wow! If that was true then I would have had to have lost 43 lbs overnight. Don’t see that happening. I know the scale was wrong but I took that as a promise from God that I was going to get to that weight. At first I was really excited and then I got scared. I mean that is a huge change and then I started wondering about that change and what it would mean. I know who I am at 232 lbs but who will I be at 189 lbs? I can’t remember the last time I was even close to that weight. I know some things will still be the same but some things won’t. I have been praying and asking God to show me the things I need to deal with now. I am ready to start moving out of that comfort zone. Look out 189 cause here I come.

2 comments:

truej.o.y. said...

I understand that coughing, I have acid reflux too and taking that medication helps me or sitting up -one night I slept sitting up. But allergy drainage could cause that too I think!

189 sounds good to me! I already see you there. When you get there you will be the same Melinda I know only healthier. I have already seen you melt away and you are the same encouraging, loving, creative person I met over a year ago. I am so lucky to call you friend!

I look forward to cooler weather to and when it is cooler, I will join you at the Park. According to my calendar plan I should be able to walk around it soon!

Stay strong in the Lord and be encouraged!!

The next yard and 189 is within reach!!

suzyloosy said...

You know what??? I was chuckling when I read this about your scale for you know my scale has been on the blink since we started the GEAR group. I finally bought a battery and got on the scale and the numbers flickered 346, 142, 233 and then err...I have never been in the 300's and have not weighed 142 since 22 years ago when my son was one year old...geez...and my weight has been going up,up, up ever since...but typing this makes me realize I need to examine my life way back then to understand why this started happening to me...

I know it is kind of weird to think that I could ever be even 200 again! If I make it to 200 by the Summit I will be elated!! I am going to make this my goal. It is doable if I keep on being faithful and follow the rules of the games...

I know who YOU will be when you are at 189...just who you are now..the girl with the sparkly and twinkling eyes and a kind heart....

about your cases at work, turn them over to God. They are what they are so try not to let them stress you out...and don't solve your stress by eating please!!!

Take care and I will pray for you to hurry and get through the cases and put them behind you.