Sunday, August 31, 2008

Seeking God

We were singing the song "Here in Your Presence" at Church this morning. One of the lines really stood out to me - "Every fear suddenly wiped away here in Your presence" I started thinking about my fears and God.

Our Pastor spoke on seeking God today. He said that to seek means to beat down a path. When we seek God on a regular basis we are making a path. Eventually that path becomes a trail and the trail becomes a road. We are to seek Him daily in prayer and reading His Word. When we do this then when difficult times come we have already established that path to Him and are no longer in the dark. We already have a way.

He also talked about strongholds on our life. A stronghold is built through deception and fear. If I do not deal with the fear then I will be driven to partial obedience and not full obedience to Him. This in turn will lead me to do things I said I would never do.

Do not let fear drive you to your decision. Beat a path to the Presence of God.

I don't want just a path or a road because I want a highway.

I have not always been diligent about my quiet time and readying my Bible and seeking Him. I keep hearing "Be still and know that I am God" but I have to say that I am not always still. I trying to learn to be still.

This week was not one of my better weeks. I have to say that I didn't write down what I ate or exercise as much as I should. My attitude was a little stinker. I was having a pity party and not proud of it. I am glad that God extends His Grace to us because I really needed it.

I am excited about what is happening with our group. I am so amazed at the things that God has already accomplished and everything that He still has to accomplish in each one of us.

1 comment:

suzyloosy said...

I always enjoy reading what your pastor says and I like the analogy about the trails and that you are building a highway....I want a solid dirt path winding along upwards on a mountain full of wildflowers on the side!!

You know with you having a rough week this will happen every now and then. I am thinking if you find a log blocking your path, sit on it, ponder why the log is there, pray, pull up your bootstraps and get started again.

Come on girl, we are huddled around you with LOVE>>>we have our arms locked with yours and pulling you out of the valley and down the field! G.E.A.R. Cheer!!!