Sunday, August 24, 2008

Our Journey



I wanted to share some things that were said at my Church today because it fits right where we are in this journey. One of the ladies spoke about not turning back. She said we have come too far to turn back now. We need to keep pushing and pushing and pushing and keep pushing forward. When we are tired and weary in our walk with the Lord or in projects set before us, we need to remember that we have come too far to turn back now. We need to keep pressing forward. We can not turn back now. We will have the energy, determination and strength to finish the course.


One man spoke about letting God deal with all the issues and pain that you have been hanging onto. We need to let God into that closet. This is the second time in two weeks that the issue about letting God get in that closet has come up. Guess I am going to be cleaning out my closet.

Claudia has always said it is a process and that some sessions you might not lose weight but will find yourself growing in other areas. Erin said the same thing tonight at orientation. I think that if we all just went in a lost weight and didn’t grow in our relationship with God that this would be just another weight loss program and nothing more. It has become so much more than that to me now. I feel God putting in places and doing things I never thought I could do. He is stretching me in so many areas. Hey, maybe I will get taller and then I will look skinner (just kidding).

The issue about finishing the course has been popping up on a fairly regular basis for the past 3 or 4 months. I was readying a novel and it while the character was not training for a marathon she used that as an example. Training is only a part of what you need to do because a lot of it is mental. I can see that. We need to picture ourselves at that summit and where we want to be. I want to be a smaller size but I don’t want that to be what everyone notices I want them to notice that I am a girl so in love with God that you can see Him shining in me.

2 comments:

truej.o.y. said...

Your love for God was shining tonight as we all prayed together. I really felt His presence and such a strong bond with everyone and even though Lyn and Windy are in East Texas I felt like they were with us. I just know deep in my heart that God brought this group together and He will see us through. We will all be finishers together and will have fun doing it.

I like trying new things too and this silent retreat we were talking about will be something new to me! Sounds great.

I can see that through our group will bring many new opportunities for growth and balance as we take action and move the ball!

suzyloosy said...

"This Little Light, I am going to LET IT SHINE"!!!

This is an awesome and thought provoking blog..about the closet. I have no intention of "giving up or giving in" WE Can DO IT>>YES WE CAN>>keep on sharing what you learn at church..the messages are always interesting...

gotta do some closet cleaning too!