Hi Ladies,
Congrats Suzyloosy! That is a great job! I was like you, I had not seen the 240's in many years. I am so happy for you.
I am so sorry I have been out of the loop. I am truely struggling right now. I am on a horrible yo-yo cycle. I am playing with 2 lbs. I go down 2 then up 1.3 then down .7 then up .9 and so on and so on. I feel very discouraged right now. I know this is all me. I am not upset at God or blaming anyone else.
I will have a wonderful quiet time and I feel very focused for the day and I know it will be a great day. Then the evening comes and I have a terrible time not giving into temptation. The end of last week, Wednesday thru Friday, was great. I exercised everyday was very mindful of all I ate and when I weighed on Saturday morning I was up .2! I am so ready to break the 40's but I am feeling hopeless, frustrated and like I want to forget it all!
What makes this really bad is I have never been this successful with any other weight loss attempts. I know this works. When I have the feelings I am right now it just sets me even deeper into depression and discouragment. I am in a cycle that I can't seem to overcome completely.
Please pray for me! I need all the encouragment you ladies can send me! I am going to take the 10 day challenge and I will keep in touch.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi Windy,
Thank you for sharing this. I can relate. I thought when this group was formed, I would be out the gate with weight loss and rack up 10 pds every month and that has not happened for me. I am struggling like you. In fact,I gained. My first session with First Place, Carole Lewis was there and as we introduced ourselves we were to say why we joined First Place. I said I always quit weight loss programs and I was hoping that FP would be the answer. She said the good thing about FP is if you don't quit if you stay in the process-- you will succeed! --so when I have a setback; I sit back and think..o.k. I am not going to quit and then I look what God is trying to teach me. Our process is to Pursue Christ! To put Him First. This takes practice, we may fail but that is part of the process of change. This session is the first session I memorized all 10 scriptures. I feel so successful about that! Look for what God has taught you this session. Just the fact that you are mindful of the cycle you are going through is a success!
Shake it off and get back on the field. We are standing on the field with you and completely believe in your success because we have a Big God who is able to help us and give us grace and encouragement.
He is cheering you on, step by step.
My favorite motto:
Never never never never never never never never give up!
I hope to come to East Texas to see my brother at some point in the Holidays and hope to see you and Lyn if it works out. He lives in Henderson.
Push em back Push em back...waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back!!!
Go Windy!!!
Thank you so much! As I read your comment I began to cry and just sobbed. It means so much to me that I have the support of all of you. I am getting back on the field and I think I need to stay in contact with everyone to help keep me focused. Thank you, thank you, thank you! It also makes me feel better to know someone else out there struggles like me. This is normally the time I totally give up. But not this time. I am trying really hard to get back in the groove.
Thanks again!
Winning Windy,
Please get in the middle of the huddle so we can throw a prayer blanket over you!
I am SOOOO happy you blogged. We have been missing you and your friend Lyn. You know I can so relate to the 2 pounds hanging on and hanging on....it is like our bodies resist and say nooooooooo!! But please perservere and know God loves you and has great things in store for you. I only actually experienced the 49 for one day and have been doing the same . something or other..but you know what? I caught a glimpse of what the 4 looked liked and I know I will see it again soon as soon as my body lets go....
Please just start with one little change tomorrow and then another and another. Don't let the devil tackle you by getting you depressed and discouraged. I want you to hang on to two other "D" words - deliverance and discipline. You are a child of God and he will provide deliverance from the strongholds in your life. Did you know that the root of discipline is disciple? To be a disciple is to be a venerated leader. You use your skills and knowledge to do and to teach others about God and share what all he has done for you.
Please don't look back, well maybe , yes, look back so you can see how far you have come. Read below Mellymor's blog about the line in the sand. It is an awesome visual to ponder.
Winning Windy, do you see the 7 letters in front of your name....winning....you will win and experience victory on the playing field, now girl, suit up and get under the prayer blanket and hike that ball to victory.....hut one, hut two, hut three..wheeeeee....
bye...
Hey WINNING WINDY>>>Where are you???
Post a Comment