Sunday, November 23, 2008

Alphabet Thankfulness "B"

B- Beauty

I am thankful for the beautiful world God has made for us! Just to look at and marvel at the intricate beauty of nature: the heavens, trees, flowers, plants, birds, animals; all of this lets me know there is a Creator.
When I was in San Fran, I went on a sunset cruise to see the sunset over the Golden Gate Bridge. I was worshipping our God as I watched the sunset. I felt so loved by Him and close to Him and so touched by the beauty of the sunset.
As I watched the movie, the Phantom of the Opera, one scene was of a lovely young women dressed in the prettiest white dress, with crystal flowers in her hair and she was using the talent God gave her to sing opera and I just cried because He made something so beautiful!
I think of when I first heard that I personally needed to make a decision about the price Jesus paid and the decision to believe it and commit my life to Him. I was 14 and knew next to nothing about the Bible; but I acknowledged Him that night in my room and the next day the Holy Spirit had moved in. I felt in my heart such a love for God and people and the Bible. No one told me to and I hadn't read the Bible, I just wanted to be kind to people instead of smarty or unkind and I started reading the Bible from cover to cover and didn't want to put it down. I also was scared to sleep in my room at night for fear of ghosts and suddenly I realized I wasn't afraid any more!
As the song says...He made something beautiful of my life! The really great part is, he doesn't just do this for me, this beautiful change happens to everyone who comes to Him!

Beauty, another name for Beauty is Jesus!

3 comments:

suzyloosy said...

Truejoy...I really enjoyed reading this comment...felt like you were sitting next to me telling this story....Beauty!!

Here is to "many strong and BEAUTIFUL women" who are growing closer to God!

I am thankful for birds. Ever since my mom died when I was 16 I sometimes see or hear birds in unusual places or at times and I always immediately think it is her presence in the bird.

I was in New York a few years ago and was visiting Ellis Island. As I searched and found my family's name on the marble wall, my friend snapped my picture. To the right of my shoulder was a bird perched on the wall and the two towers were in the background. I treasure this photo for the significance of what had happened and what was going to happen.

I am also thankful for boys...my two sweet knuckleheads who are as different as night and day!!!

suzyloosy said...

Hey, I am curious about how you knew when you were in your room that night that you acknowledged God. I love how you say "and then the Holy Spirit moved in."

I was 13 years old when I asked God to be my Lord and Savior. What I remember most is standing at the podium and sharing my testimony and crying. I looked out and saw my dad and mom which was interesting for my daddy hardly went to church with us but he was there the night I got baptized at the Baptist Church. I don't remember why or what I said that night but I have felt a sense of peace ever since.

I wish this feeling for everyone.

You are so right, Beauty, another name for Jesus is Beauty!

truej.o.y. said...

Suzyloosy,

It is so funny, I didn't understand much, I was staying with my sister one summer and she discussed with me that I needed to make a decision about who Christ is and accept his as my Savior. She didn't tell me how to. I just prayed in my room that night that I wanted, needed him to be and believed he was my savior. That was it and apparently enough for him to move in! I knew he had because I was different inside; more loving, more love for God and the Bible; peace; joy-all the "fruits" of the spirit. Our stories sound similar. I am glad he moved in with such simple faith!
It is a peace noone understands unless they have it too!