Saturday, November 29, 2008

Alphabet Thankfulness "I"

Week two of the Begin with Christ Bible Study helped us define who Jesus Christ "Is". Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today and forever.

Week two of our Bible Study listed "I am "statements that Jesus made about Himself. (pp 15-16)

I am the Bread of Life John 6:48
I am the Light of the World John 8:12
I am from Above and not of this world John 8:23
I am the Gate John 10:9
I am the Good Shepherd John 10:11
I am God's Son John 10:26
I am the Resurrection and the Life John 11:25
I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. John 14:6
I am the True Vine John 15:1
I am the King of Kings John 18:37

A question asked which statement do you need to believe today so that you will be better prepared to surrender your life and will to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Which one did you pick and why?

Today, I would have to say, I feel thankful for the Good Shepherd. This session was such a struggle but in the middle of it all, I felt his strong arms carrying me when I needed him. He gave me rest and comfort and guidance. I know He believes in me and cares for and loves me. It is nice just to rest in the pasture today; but it is also great to know he is planning many paths for me ahead and will be with me now and forever.

4 comments:

suzyloosy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
suzyloosy said...

INTERRUPTED By SATAN>>>I MADE myself walk last night...my legs were heavy and weary but I walked two loops which equals three miles..I was slowwwww but I kept telling myself this did not matter, what mattered was I was moving...

....well, I was INTERUPPTED by Satan on my walk.... the enemy eased in. I have recently started walking again and I have not used headphones, insteadI have been walking and talking to God. When I started out last night I thought that I would listen to Christmas music off of KSBJ as a treat since I was really not feeling like going.

I knew Satan was knocking for when about six houses away from my house the KSBJ station became very staticiky. I pushed some buttons and lost every station programmed in my headphones execpt a RAP and BEAT BOX station.....Satan made me think that I wanted to hear something so I listened for a few mintues to the end of one song and then commercials came on and went on for about another 20 houses...by this time a neighbor drove by and as we chatted for a moment I described to her what happened. I chuckled to myself knowing that this was the devil attempting to ease his way into my heart and take my focus off God, so I just flipped the earphones off and spent the next 45 minutes walking and talking to God and just thinking...

We gotta get our sabers out and be ready for Interruptions along our First Place 4 Health journey!!!

suzyloosy said...

I would have to say that the statement, "I am the Light of the World" John 8:12 is the statment I surrender to today.

I know I have been blessed with a passion, the knowledge and means to be a light for Jesus Christ in my work with young children, families and teachers.

Jesus has lit my journey and I am so eager to see where the path he is mind for me is leading.

In return for this light on my path, I am very aware of being concious of wondering" how bright is My light shining today for HIM?"

One of my favorite songs is,
"This little light of mine, I am gonna let it shine,

This little light of mine, I am gonna let it shine,

This little light of mine, I am gonna let it shine,
let it shine,
let it shine
let it shine!!"

Jesus is the LIGHT OF THE WORLD!

truej.o.y. said...

You are shining Suzyloosy and the Jesus in you is encouraging me on!