I had so much fun and also learned alot in my class. My hotel room was about 1/8 mile from the elevator so I got some walking in. Also, one morning after breakfast, I was waiting for the tour guide, I walked into a park across the street called Washington Square. On every side of the park were groups of retired Asians doing exercise that looked like Tai Chi. I asked someone if it would be okay to join but they did not speak English so I thought oh well I am going to jump in and hope they do not mind! It was stretching and moving and I heard them saying things in their Asian language and I hoped I wasn't participating in worshipping Budah so I just kept Christ in my mind. Then, a lady who spoke English befriended me and started giving me tips on what was coming next; like take off your glasses, we are going to massage our face. Being concerned about the spiritual side of the gathering, I asked her what everyone was saying. Guess what she said? She said they were counting! One, two, three! It was really great exercise and I will remember it as one of my favorite memories in San Fran.
It is great to be back and I have read your blogs and feel fired up about being a part of a group that is so on fire for our Year adventure. It has definitely had its ups and downs for me, but I know I am taking a step in the right direction each day. Your support is invaluable in this journey. With you guys standing on the field with me each day, together we can block our obstacles and win!! Mellymor, I have drawn that line....no turning back!!!!!!!!!!! Suzyloosy, I am tracking with you this week. Lyn and Windy, keep moving that ball, you are inspiring!!
Girls in G.E.A.R.....this is the YEAR!
Go Girls in G.E.A.R.! TEAM G.E.A.R.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
chong, chew, chree!!!
one two three - bend your knees,
four five six - do some kicks
seven eight nine - whoo whee you look fine!
ten!! Now do it again!!!
hahaha!!! I am still laughing at the visual of you ALL the way in San Fran doing Thai Chi in the park...wonder if you would do it here?? Isn't it fun to get away and want to exercise...see True joy...you are well on your way down the field since you wanted to exercise on vacation....you go girl...
can't wait to see you on gobble day!! I am planning to be there!!
see ya!
Post a Comment