I like challenges. Sometimes I do great with them and sometimes I don't. I started thinking about what I eat every day and what goes into it. I looked at some labels and was amazed at how little I know about my food. Here is the challenge. Look at the ingredient list of something you want to eat. If God made it then ok go ahead and eat it. If there are ingredients on there you can't pronounce or even know what they are then don't eat it. I wonder about twinkes sometimes. You know some people even deep fry those puppies. I tried one at the rodeo once and it was so nasty I think I threw it out. If we eat so many preservatives in our food how come we are not better preserved.
Our 2nd quarter is coming to an end. Halftime is where we huddle and discuss our strategy and how we are going to win this game. No matter our progress we are still in this game. It ain't over till it's over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Heck NO, The game is not OVER>>>I am just now figuring it out...I have already been reading labels and really have cut waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy back on processed food...now that is not to say I don't ever have processed food...this means more REAL food like fruit and Veges...and healthy bread..
COme on girl...we are going down home stretch with that line drawn ALL the way across the field...and we ain't lookin' back!!
We are on the same page. I actually cooked last weekend and made some whole wheat pasta and froze it in 1/2 cup portions. It is good. I also froze some 1/2 cup portions of brown rice. So I made a step towards less processed foods. I also bought a different apple for each day...healthy eating can be funnnnnnnnnnnnnn! :)
Post a Comment