Sunday, November 30, 2008

Alphabet Thankfulness "J"

Jesus****

I am thankful for the coming of JESUS!

I heard the best story in church this morning. The priest gave us an Advent 101 Lesson being this was the first week of Advent. One particular thing that resonated with me was that he kept saying Jesus is coming, Jesus is coming! He wanted to know if we were ready. He likened to us having our home and leaving on a trip/journey and leaving others in charge of our home while we were gone. He told us this is like our bodies are Jesus' home and what are we doing with ourselves while Jesus is gone.

If Jesus returned this minute, what am I doing? Am I ready? Am I living my life preparing for Jesus' homecoming?

I cannot get this thought out of my mind as I have gone about my afternoon. I have to clean house in several areas and am eager and willing to do this.

Jesus is coming!! I am going to be ready because I am prepareing my body, mind and soul to become very healthy and fit for his homecoming. I will be prepared to do his will when I am called. ...when I hear him calling my name!!!!

Jesus****


PS..I am very very thankful to be on this JOURNEY of FAITH to seek Jesus. Amen!!!

2 comments:

truej.o.y. said...

Suzyloosy,

That is such a great way to start Christmas, we are Christ's home and we are supposed to be taking good care of it while He is away.That might be good to think when we are eating...would we want to be eating this when Jesus comes home!

I don't think He would mind if I was eating jello, jicama or jam. He would probably like it if I was jogging, jumping or juggling. His return would give me joy, jubilation, and jolliness. He would be pleased if I was reading John, James or Job. Jotting on my Live-it tracker or Journal would be good too!

Bye for now!

suzyloosy said...

Hahahaha!! I love this play with words and visual..and yes, I do believe he would like to see you do all the above, especially juggling and jumping...let's do all these things...jump, journal, jot and read for HE IS coming home!