I think Susan and I must be on the same page. I read her post about God providing a way out and realized I hadn't put this on the blog yet.
This past Sunday was my day to do run the computer for worship. It can get a little busy up there with last minute changes but I have come to love it a lot. It is really amazing when God moves because I have a view like no one else. I am in a locked room upstairs in the back of the sanctuary. Most people don't even realize anyone is up there.
We have this creepy stairwell behind the stage that leads to this area. The band uses it to get on and off stage. It has some huge spiders and dust bunnies hanging around too. One Wednesday I got locked in there twice because someone forgot to unlock all the doors. I don't usually use this set of stairs but instead I will walk to the other end of the Church and go through the gym. This past Sunday I decided that since most of the time it is unlocked on Sundays I would use it.
I got all the way up to the 2nd floor and the door was locked. I went back down and tried the doors leading out to the sanctuary and they were also locked. Then I remembered that that God will always provide a way out of any situation. I started trying all the other doors and finally found one that was unlocked. Not sure why this one door was unlocked but I was very glad it was. If I didn't find an unlocked door then I guess when service started and no words showed up on the screens someone might come looking for me.
It made me realize how many times I panic or make a bad choice because I feel trapped or because I act without thinking. I need to slow down and remember that God already knows the plan and He has provided a way out. Guess what the sermon was about? It was about making Godly decisions.
I pray that each one of slows down and makes Godly decisions in everything we do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your story encourages me that sometimes it might take some time to find God's way out. Like, I went to all those other weight loss programs and though they were good, they were not the way out of my eating stronghold for me. I kept running into locked doors. One day I finally went to the chapel and prayed and sought God about it and even went to see a Catholic priest, even though I am not Catholic. His advice...Spend more time with your Lord and be consistent in that. Also, when you say no to food you are saying yes to God. Then God opened up the door of FP4H. He is changing me and now I find when temptation comes I am more sucessful at and even willing to seek the way out, like Melinda looked for the unlocked door, she had to make the decision to look for it and not just sit there til someone came to help. She had to be willing to open and go through that unlocked door too. I remember a night, I wanted to snack at home and the Lord brought that verse - a way out- to mind and I thought I can either not eat it now or eat and I chose to eat it. It was a revelation. I needed to be more willing to take the unlocked door!
I am glad God loves me enough to be patient with me but also enough to help me change. Take the unlocked door this week!!
Post a Comment