Monday, September 8, 2008

Just Checking In!

Hello Girls in G.E.A.R.

I hope everyones week and weekend has gone well. Yall were on my mind this morning and I had to let everyone of you know that I am praying for you.

My weekend was wonderful. I once again conquered temptation and made it through another weekend. Actually I thought of you ladies yesterday as well. The sermon yesterday was about temptation, of all things! I wanted to share with yall what he talked about because me and my husband were so motivated when we left church. The sermon was from Luke 4:1-14, Christ's temptation in the desert. He said the essence of temptation is to put myself first. Christ's struggles were as real as our own. The big thing was ...

Reasons for Resisting:
1. No growth without resistance.
2. No guilt if you don't give in.
3. No mess to clean up.
4. No time wasted from LIVING YOUR BEST LIFE!!!!

*His solution is our solution!! Jesus QUOTED SCRIPTURES!

He wrapped it up by saying when you face temptations BE PROUD, You are making the enemy mad!

Please be inspired in the face of temptation! Remember if you give in to the temptation there is a reset button for believers in Christ, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

May all your choices today Glorify God!!

2 comments:

truej.o.y. said...

Thank God for that reset button!!

WinningWindy you are almost to your first first down. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAH!!
I am very encouraged by your progress. Keep going!

PUSH em back PUSH em back waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back! RAH RAH!!!

suzyloosy said...

Winning Windy, I really appreciate you listing the reasons for avoiding temptations...these are great reminders...

Keep on keepin' on!!

I love the memory verse in our new bible study from week 5 I believe where it says something like God won't let us be faced with a temptation without a way out!

See ya!!