Phew, I survived two baby showers this weekend and I made good food choices. It was very very hard and oh so tempting but both events had plates of fresh fruit and veggies available and I made sure to eat something before I went. I also drank water and no punch or cake. It was hard once the first plate of food (fruit/veggies) was finished because then the other foods started calling my name - I just visited with the other ladies and before I knew it I could leave to go home and did not have seconds.
We have our Orientation meeting this coming Wednesday and am very excited to see all the Alumni members and to start the new program.
Have any of you read the hardback "First Place 4 Health" that is part of the Member's Kit? I am about halfway through my copy and its amazing what has been revealed to me. So many things now make sense after Carol Lewis puts it into perspective. This is a definite read if you want to make the FP program work for you. What an eye opener that its not about me but really about serving others and really trusting God with our everything. I am very excited to see what will happen in our session with the new program materials.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so happy for you choosing the healthy foods at the shower..Yeah!
I had success today at work. We had lunch ordered in - Mexican Food Fajita buffet!! I went downstairs and got a green salad and then went to the buffet and just got the chicken. I really felt good about that!
I am reading the hardcopy book now too. The food plan is easy and I got a lot out of doing the BMI and weight ranges and such.
Go LosingLyn!!!!!!!!!!!!
YEAH LosingLyn!! You are tiptoeing down the football field one meal, one event, one opportuntity at a time and you successfully made it to the next yard line after this afternoon....isn't it funny how WE NOW CAN SAY "STOP IT" AND "NO" and not fall for all the unhealthy foods...don't know if this is a nice thing to do but since I am more aware of what I am putting into my body, I notice who is eating the most cake....and most of the time they are stating outloud they "really shouldn't be eating" this.....
anyway...RAH!! RAH!!! I am shaking my pompoms for you!!! bye....
We need to learn to turn a deaf ear to that stuff that seems to call us out of no place. You know I don't think I have had a veggie every call my name. Wonder why?
I started class tonight and I like it. It seems like things have been simplifed a little bit.
We are all moving that ball down the field. Pretty soon you will be 10lbs lighter.
Post a Comment