Today we were scheduled to walk 6 miles at Memorial Park. I was supposed to be there at 6. When that alarm went off I reached over and shut it off and pulled the blankie back over my head. I laid there a few minutes and could not go back to sleep. I felt a gentle nudge to get up and go to the park. I hurried up and I was actually the first one there.
We started out as a group but some space got between us. I was behind coming back and got separated from our group. When I got to Memorial I was supposed to take the bridge over Memorial. I got a little side tracked thinking about things and watching people so I actually missed the bridge. By the time I realized it I decided not to turn around but to just keep going.
The sidewalk ends at Memorial and Westcott so I turned down one of the streets thinking it would loop back around. It didn't and and I ended up back on Westcott. I managed to find my way back to Blossom which was part of the original path and just kept walking. Apparently they got worried when I didn't get back to the park as fast as I should have so there was a search party out for me.
Robert thought it was funny. He always seems to loose me in the mall or in the stores. One minute I am right there and the next thing he knows I am gone. I have wandered off in a different direction. Sure am glad we have cell phones or we might not find each other at craft shows and festivals.
Not sure how far I walked but I think it was farther than 6 miles. Robert and I went to Walmart to grocery shop and boy are my puppies tired. The dogs are barking loudly. I forgot to put Vaseline on my feet this morning and they are a little bit sore.
This made me think about my relationship with Christ. He has a designated path for me to take but sometimes I get sidetracked and go a totally different way. The good thing is that He always knows right where I am and sometimes He sends out a search party for me. Eventually I get turned back around and get on the path He has for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
OH MELLYMOR>>>My puppies ache just thinking about you!! You know my husband thinks it is riducoulus that I shower before I go walking the longer miles on the weekend mornings. I also lube up with Body Glide and good ole Vaseline too and have not been chafed yet..
one day my legs will not rub together..hahaha
congratulations on your walk though...you are doing it!!
see ya!!
Mellymor you continue to inspire me. Your faithfulness to exercise makes me aware of what I should be doing and can accomplish! I did get out and walk 6/10 miles today. It felt good, I could feel my quads working, it was a beautiful morning. Thank you Lord!
Go Mellymor!!
Eating too many sweets gets me off the path. When you eat sweets, you really can't taste food as well. Now that I am not eating as many sweets, the flavors of vegetables and fruits are stronger, better and more satisfying, almost like I am tasting them for the first time again. I just ate the best tangelo, yum. My Mom made okra, brussel sprouts and salad today, so good. It is much better and much more satisfying on the path.
Post a Comment