On Wednesday nights I have to get to Church early so I can pull up the song list and practice with the worship team. Tonight we sang a sang a lot of old hymns. We don't usually do hymns but instead do contemporary praise and worship songs.
I really felt that God was impressing on me to find a new way to do things. I have done things the old way for so long that it is just what I do. I started thinking about us and what we are trying to do in the coming year. I have tried the old way to lose weight and get in shape. Now I need to do things God's way.
Our Wednesday night service is a prayer and praise service and people can get up and speak or pray about whatever God has put on their heart. One of the women spoke on paths. "Where is my old path that I have always followed, why can't I find it anymore? Then God told her that He had a new path for her to take. To reach out and take His hand and he would guide her to the new paths and would always be right there with her."
That was all the confirmation that I needed. I have been following the old paths for way too long and and am not making much progress. I need to reach out and take His hand and follow the new paths that He has set before me.
I think we all need to try something new this week and report back on what happened. Try a different way to work, a new food, a new recipe, a different form of exercise, take the stairs - just stir things up a little bit and see what happens. Pray in a different place or in a different way or even for a person you don't particularly care for. Sing the Psalms. Find a new way to worship Him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I took the stairs tonight on the way to First Place 4 Health. I usually take the elevator. It wasn't so hard and my knees seem o.k.!
I took another scenic route home yesterday...nothing to do with the body, but the soul..was a peaceful drive for the transition from work to home..
As of about seven working days ago I leave about five minutes earlier and have been using the back roads to get to work instead of "edging my way in the bottleneck from 610 to I-10. My state of mind is SO much better and I listen to either KSBJ or the CD of scripture memory from our new book...might have to sing my verses instead of saying them...hahahaha!!
Who else has changed something this week...by the way Mellymor, this was a fun thing to think about!!
Post a Comment