I just wanted to let everybody know that I am praying for you and your family's safety in the face of Ike's arrival this evening. Do take care of yourself and I hope nobody suffers any damage or loss. We are nervous up here in East Texas too, especially since they predict the eye will eventually pass over Smith county early Saturday morning. I have been watching the weather channel and news throughout the day and I am hoping that Carol Lewis' home will be okay. I pray that God will keep His hand over everybody and that the storm will pass swiftly without major damage. We live on a hill so we are not worried about flooding but we do have huge oak trees in front of the house but hopefully the wind will be blowing over the house towards the trees and not the trees towards the house. I am very nervous to just get this evening out of the way. I prefer to have daylight around me when things get rough. We do not have hurricanes in South Africa where I am from originally, only bad lighthing storms and also not tornados. This is still new to us and so scary!
Keep safe fellow team members, I am praying for all of you and your families.
Friday, September 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thank you for your prayers! It was frightening! I finally got power tonight, Monday. I still don't know everything that went on because I couldn't watch the news. I was told Carole did lose her home,it was washed away; pray for her and her family. I spoke with Melinda, she and Robert are fine. I will write more later!
I am so glad that you and your family are okay. I am wondering about the rest of our team, I hope they are all okay. It is very sad to hear about Carol's loss. I will pass this on to our FP group. I was going to call you today to ask how you are doing. We lost power on Sunday afternoon and only got that back on Monday night at 11:45. It was really miserable to be without the daily conveniences and I had to constantly remind myself how lucky we were because we only lost power, a lot of others suffered great losses. This was really a humbling experience. Please let us know about the rest of our team, I think Windy is fine, we had strong gusts of wind but not constantly and it did blow from all directions through the day. We did not have a lot of rain and we really just have a lot of wind damage in our area and many without power because of this. A big limb from one of the oak trees just missed our car but other than that we were quite okay. Needless to say things were probably pretty bad in Houston on Friday night! I will continue to pray for everybody and especially Carol and her family.
I have heard from Yvonne, Alicha, Melinda, and Susan, Janie and Marissa They are still without power. Please pray as I know this is so miserable and difficult. Yvonne is in Austin and I know she is missing home and routine. All are safe and well and I am thankful for that! Margie is fine and has power. Gail's power is back and she is fine. I haven't heard from Jeannene,(A friend of mine in her neighborhool still doesn't have power) Candyss, Eloise or Martha. Lyn and Windy are fine and what great pictures on the blog! Keeping praying for Carole as she and Johnny work through the details of recovering their home. God bless!! (9/24/08)
Jeannene just got power yesterday and is back to work. She was just at her can't tolerate it point and the power came on..God is good! She said Second Baptist's sanctuary was flooded and will not be operational for 6 months to a year so they are meeting in the old church with overflow in the Gym..pray for Second Baptist! Candyss is back to work, has power, some roof damage, no AC and is waiting for a repairman. She has 3000 emails to get through!
More to come as I will try to call Eloise today!
Post a Comment