I am eager and excited for tomorrow afternoon to arrive. This is when another official "first" will be for me! The leader said there are 13 in our group so we will see how it goes!! I am looking forward to hearing from each other as we all meet with different members. See even though we are apart we together...T.E.A.M = Together Everyone Accomplishes More!!
I have had several "firsts" since we started the GEAR group. I have been eating a whole lot healthier and have made what I think are better food choices....now I need to start logging what I eat.
Last weekend I decided to quit drinking sodas and especially Diet Cokes! I had stopped drinking them during the FP class last January but backpeddled one day and started drinking them again and I realized as time when on, I was sipping and drinking on a DC all day....I was justifying it because I was also drinking water. As I began thinking about what is was that had me drawn to the DC, I realized I really only truly enjoyed the first sips if the coke was very very cold. I enjoyed the tingling fizz going down my throat and as I drank them throughout the day I was still searching for this feeling and not really getting it.
I have also been observing how many overweight people drink DC. I heard Dr. Faulkner say in a FP class that this was the absolute worst liquid we could put in our bodies. He said as we begin aging we are more suspectible to bone loss and falls and that those who have been in his medical practice who drank large amounts of diet coke specifically, their bones did not heal near as fast or as good as those who did not drink diet cokes. ....so with all the new beginnings for me, I decided to stop drinking them...so here I am..slowly but surely making my way down the field....one "first" at a time!
So ladies, "LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!"
Let's do what I have heard True J.O.Y. say before, let's throw a "prayer blanket" over our group as the classes begin and we ALL start movement down the football field>>>SUMMIT '09 - 10.5 months away.....Whoooo Whoo!!! GO GEAR GIRLS GO!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I started reading our materials and the specific pages Dee assigned us. When I calculated my BMI, it was hard to face that I fell in the Obese + range. It was truth that was good but very HARD to face. I don't think of myself as obese and I think that is part of the reason I cannot get beyond a 10 pound loss! I think, well I have lost 10 pounds,I am fine now. I am so glad we have our G.E.A.R. girl team because I know I won't just face this truth but I will act on this truth with positive Godly action. I know God loves me just as I am, but also that He wants better for me. It is not just weight loss, it is Christ-first total health. Thanks for being there teammates. Hut!! THIS is the Year!
Post a Comment