Monday, September 1, 2008

My Year starts Today!1

You know it is as though I have been on the football field at practice! Sometimes I give the program my ALL and other times I just putz around. Well, today is September 1 and I am claiming today as the official start of my YEAR>>>

Yesterday in my church, the priest was talking about transformation and I realized, fully got the message loud and clear that I am going to have to work smarter at transforming not only my body, but my life! This means being fully present and dutiful to the tasks which will be required for me to succeed. I have a few strongholds I am shaking loose of today and I need your continued prayers and I just have to say, "Stop It" as Carole Lewis reminds us! I know I can stop the strongholds, I need to refer to them as weak holds...they have no more strength.

I need to remember two of my quotes/nuggets I offer parents when teaching parenting classes...."Respond instead of React" when I am faced with a stronghold thought or temptation....and "changing my vocabulary can change my attitude"...just like I am now going to call the strongholds, weak holds...they are not going to capture me, I am going to conquer them!

I also have been thinking of what I would like to do at the end of this journey this year every since Mellymor said she wanted to go skydiving. I finally have realized I want to swim again! I will be out in California next summer and I want to swim in the ocean! This means getting into a bathing suit which I have not been in for at least ten years. I need to get rid of the dimples on my temple to walk out in front of people and not be ashamed. I want to enjoy the feel and freedom of the water gliding over me!! As I write this dream, I realize this will be like a new baptism, a cleansing, a renewal of who I really am under this apron of flab!!

I need your continued prayers to not only be fully 100% committed to the FP4Health Program, but committed and disciplined to complete my thesis. I only have a year to write it and I need to get started on it once again and finish. I will be graduating when I am in California so swimming in the ocean will be a two fold treat!

God has great plans for my life but I am holding back using the strongholds as crutches....I just need to listen and be fully present so I can accomplish what he has in store for me! God has given me a passion and the capability to make a difference in children's lives by teaching and training their caregivers or parents. I know he is not finished with me yet but now it is time to do my part with all my heart, my soul and my body!!

I just realized why I have the strongholds. I am afraid! Who am I? Who am I really!! Do I want to find out? I have no idea who I really am for I have been hiding under all this flesh and using the strongholds to pacify me for the moments when I don't want to face or feel the truth!
I need to get down on my knees and turn this ALL over to God and do my part!

Okay...I need to get rolling and start my new day!....the first day of the rest of my life!!

Thanks for "listening"!!

Peace!

4 comments:

mellymor said...

I had a very funny thought yesterday afternoon. Do you remember when Kriste Alley started Jenny Craig and then said when she got to her goal weight she would come on Oprah and wear a bikini? I thought about all of us and what would happen if we wore one to the summit. Now mind you I may be brave but not this brave.

I gotten comfortable with my weight and where I am. I know that person but if I lose weight will I know that person. I have always been overweight. I can't remember a time I haven't weighed 200lbs or more.

We are going to get there and that new person we are going to be will be defined by GOD. He knows who we are and that is all that matters.

I think you should get a swimming suit now and go to Galveston or even the Y. I have one if you want to borrow it. I got it because I was going to do water aerobics classes. I couldn't get to the classes but I still have the suit and it still has the tags on it. I will go with you if you want.

I was going to go and walk at Memorial Park this morning but didn't want to get up. Now it is too hot to go. I have my Walk Away the Pounds DVD so I am going to do the 3 mile walk.

truej.o.y. said...

I was reading Praying God's Word by Beth Moore today, she said to blast the strongholds you need Prayer and God's Word, she called this combination the "Dynamite" to blast through!

I see more and more it is so important for us to have prayer cover. Lyn is working on a way to post our prayer requests. Let's hold each other and Susan in prayer this week and ask God for a a scripture to pray over us.

Obedience is transforming. Let's say many Yesses to God this week as Many Yesses lead to Many Successes!! Yes, Lord I will get up and pray and read your word. Yes, Lord I will go to the gym, I will exercise. When I am tempted, I will see your way out and take it. Yes, Lord I will encourage my team..Yes, Lord, I will go to the grocery store and plan and be prepared. Yes, Lord.....!! John 14:21

With God in control, He will replace our fear with His peace As Jeannene once said, more of Him will show up and less of us.

Happy transforming G.e.a.r. Girls!

truej.o.y. said...

Itzy bitzy teenzy weenzy yellow polka dot bikini!! You are too fun! I am excited about your two dollar a week new outfit idea for the Summit though, maybe we could pick the same theme, like sundresses!

suzyloosy said...

You ladies are such inspiring and crazy gals to have in my life....Mellymor...I am going to dip in the California ocean where no one knows me!! and the itzy bitzy teenzy weenzy yellow polka dot bikini was last worn when I was ten and even then I was bulging out of it...YIKES>>thanks for the good laugh!! and I am stashing my money honey!! WE will be the smashing GEAR girls...