Sunday, January 18, 2009

Where/how is everybody?

Just checking in to see what everybody is up to lately... I have been working full-time for the past 3 months and it has been a big adjustment but I am happy to have a job with the current economic situation and I will have benefits in six months time which makes it worth while hanging in there. I am doing what I did in South Africa - God is really GOOD! I have so much more self-confidence and belief in my own abilities and it feels as though I have been on a very long vacation and went back to my old life with the exception of being in a different country! I work at the local Toyota dealership in the business office. I had a very rough time when I started working with my boss but we have sorted out our differences... I tried to quit quite a few times and was talked out of it and things finally came together once I knew my job. I was thrown in really deep with no training but things worked out.

Weight-wise I have not been to the gym in ages but I have been watching what I eat most of the time and can say that I have not lost or gained any weight when I weighed in this morning. I have been having more "pre-diabetes" symptoms and find that I have to eat some protein for breakfast as I am experiencing low blood sugars if I don't. I cannot have any donuts or other foods that are brought in to work which is probably a good way of keeping me on track (not the nicest way when you feel really yuckie after having some).

We are not doing a FP study at church this session but are planning to have a different bible study called "Love Hunger". Eight of the FP alumni members will do this study together. We are actually a little support group that evolved out of the past two FP sessions and we all felt like a break but still want the encouragement and accountability food-wise. I am looking forward to this study. We will still weigh in weekly and through encouragement and discussion will deal with our weight issues.

So what are all of my team members up to I wonder? I wish all of you a good week and lets get this blog going again! I promise to post more often so please join me!

1 comment:

truej.o.y. said...

Lyn, I just sent you an email, so nice to hear from you and we are ready to get the blog going too!